It’s not a new idea–sports venues named for corporate sponsors, and more importantly for financial remuneration. I’ve lost track of how many bowl games there are–all with corporate sponsorship. Governmental bodies, on all levels are strapped for cash.
Why not name public facilities for corporations? …National parks and monuments? It’s already been suggested in several states. What corporations/products would be naturals for certain monuments? These are logical progressions. Logical, if you don’t spend too much time thinking about them. Here are a few suggestions–no disrespect intended.
- Lincoln Memorial–Lincoln motorcars
- Niagara falls–Kohler plumbing fixtures
- Capitol Building, Washington, DC–Capital One
- Pentagon Building–FCA Chrysler Motors, pentastar symbol fits perfectly
- St. Louis Gateway Arch–Archway Cookies
- Devil’s Tower National Monument–Underwood Deviled Ham
- Rocky Mountain National Park–Chevy trucks, “Like a Rock”
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park–Little Smokies, smoky link sausages
- Everglades National Park–Glade air fresheners
- Grand Canyon National Park–Pillsbury’s “Grands” biscuits